

Last Friday, I surprised Nye with a “fun day.” I took the boys to school and we dropped Callahan off in the Ducklings class. Then Nye and I walked down to the Explorers class with Nye totally expecting me to give him a hug and kiss goodbye. Instead, I told his teacher that Nye would not be in school today and that he had a day of fun in store for him. For the first time in his life, I think Nye was speechless.
The first order of business was to get a new pair of running shoes for him. Next we went to the IMAX theater to see “Whales and Dolphins” in 3D. He absolutely loved it! Next, we went to Whole Foods for pizza and playscape play. Then we went downtown to the water park where Nye spent the next hour and one-half frolicking in the water in his underwear. Of course, running around in the water for that long calls for refreshing gelato. We wrapped it up in time to pick up Callahan who was none-the-wiser. I hope Nye remembers our fun day together the next time Callahan hijacks my attention.
The first order of business was to get a new pair of running shoes for him. Next we went to the IMAX theater to see “Whales and Dolphins” in 3D. He absolutely loved it! Next, we went to Whole Foods for pizza and playscape play. Then we went downtown to the water park where Nye spent the next hour and one-half frolicking in the water in his underwear. Of course, running around in the water for that long calls for refreshing gelato. We wrapped it up in time to pick up Callahan who was none-the-wiser. I hope Nye remembers our fun day together the next time Callahan hijacks my attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment